Thursday, August 28, 2008
Farmer in the Dell I'm not
So as many are aware we have 3 very low growing crab apple trees in our yard. Since it is now apple pickin' time my kids have been BEGGING to pick our apples. So the other night with a small cooler and garbage bags we start pickin' our fruit. Now, as those of you who may know my children are very exuberant beings. Kid #1 is singing some made up pioneer song at the top of her lungs and Kid #2 and 3 are at another tree slam dunking there harvest. If this was our living we would be absolutely broke because we don't have what it takes. We salvaged about 50 tiny apples out of about 300 and we will be making them for a "tasty" treat during FHE. Can crab apples poison you? If you don't hear from me call poison control or 911. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I have never heard of anyone actually eating crab apples. Sounds pretty . . . gross. They just about planted a crab apple tree in our yard when we moved in, but I said NOOOOOOOO! I am not a Farmer in the Dell either! Now if it were gala apples . . . . hmmmmm. I might consider slingin' on my overalls!
Post a Comment