Saturday, December 20, 2008

Medical Miracles

In celebration of the recent success some lady had with a complete face transplant I decided to undergo the knife and reconstruct my eyelid. If you didn't notice I have a small bump on my right eyelid I have had it there since I was in High School. I have never gotten it checked and I never wanted to. I mean come on eye things scare the livin daylights out of me. But lately I have noticed it drooping into my vision so to be on the safe side I went in to see if it could be done. Now I have never gotten my eyes dialated before and I never want to again. That is an intense sensation that I will only do once for science. Anyhoo the Dr. checked me out and we scheduled the appointment for this Friday. It apparently was a family affair because we all went and my husband and the kids waited outside for my simple 15 min procedure. Let me tell you that was the longest 15 min. of my life. I mean I had to watch them come at me with a knife and slice out the neoplasm (fancy Dr. word for gross growth). Kid #1 and 2 wanted to watch but they settled for the thought of an eyepatch instead. The Dr. however doesn't pass out black eyepatches any more that scurvy dog. So in the end I was the only one wearing the eyepatch and less a half ounce off my lid.

1 comment:

marianne said...

so did you find out if it was anything to be concerned about, or did you just do it because it was bugging you?