Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Nutcracker

Along with the never ending crafts that we do we also sign up every year for the Nutcracker. I LOVE the ballet and Kid #1 loves it as well. The boys not so much. So this year instead of making them sit through yet another LONG dance that they could care less about they headed out for a Jazz game and threw back a couple of beers (root that is) and some dogs. That was the selling point for Kid #2, dangle a freshly roasted dog and a promise of and icy Mug and he will follow you anywhere. So it was a girls night and boys night out. I had so much fun and so did Kid #1. I literally almost cried she was enjoying herself so much. I am sure my husband shed a few tears when they were at the game not for the bonding but because they were losing so badly.

Kid #1 wants to go again and Kid #2 still wants that other dog from the game his dad never got a chance to get so we will save it for next year!!

No comments: