Saturday, April 25, 2009
Little Prayers
So my friend and I are training for a 1/2 marathon next month. We have been running 10 miles every weekend. This weekend we were going to hit our 13 miles before the race and I said rain or shine we are going. Now those in our area know that the weather is touch and go well into May so Saturday was no different and it looked ominous but nothing yet so we went for it. As we set off it became a downpour (mile 2) we then decided to just run the 10 and call it a day. Around mile 5 we realized after 2 quick moving hail spots that we were not going to make the 10 and decided just to run home. So mile 6 was our 3rd hail shower and I couldn't take it any longer I said a little prayer for my husband to PLEASE come and get us because we didn't have cell phones to call so the power of the Lord was our only hope. I jokingly told my friend that I had said a prayer in hopes that my husband would get the Spirit and we would be saved. We laughed and then low and behold who do we see driving down the road but my husband come to save two crazy ladies running in a hailstorm. I love that man!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so funny! Good thing Dave listens to the spirit!!
Post a Comment