Friday, December 12, 2008

Playdates

So I am at Kid #1's dance class and as I am getting her I over heard another mom talking on the phone I am assuming to a childs mom about the playdate they are having this weekend.  Here is the one sided conversation.

Mom:  So Saturday around 11:00 is great.
Caller: ?
Mom:  Yes I have it recorded.  They can watch it a couple of times and then practice.
Caller:?
Mom:  So 11 we can have the girls practice the dance a couple of times watch the video and then do it again.  We can chat while they practice.

Hello?  I am confused.  I mean I am a dancer by nature. But having a playdate where the whole thing is practicing a dance doesn't seem fun to me.  I mean these girls are 7 years old.  But now that I think about maybe this is a playdate for the moms.  I mean this is a great concept.  You schedule time for kids to practice whatever and you and the parents get to have the playdate.  This woman is a genius!!!

No comments: